Field Maintenance & Building Custodian for Dunnville Soccer Park
Highschool/University/College Seasonal Contract – May 27 – Sept 1, 2019 – 1 Position Available
Reporting to the President of the Dunnville Soccer Park Corporation the Field Maintenance & Building Custodian for Dunnville Soccer Park is responsible for assisting with day-to-day outdoor maintenance and ensuring that the Dunnville Soccer Park grounds amenities, building, and soccer fields are well kept. Duties include general landscaping, maintenance and grass cutting of all sports fields, and ensuring the equipment used to maintain the park is kept in good working order. As assigned, perform daily bathroom checks and cleaning of bathroom facilities. Operate a riding lawn mower, push lawn mower, power weed eater, and understand the standard operating procedures of such equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Currently enrolled in high school or post-secondary program
Minimum 1 year work experience completing outdoor maintenance work
You are able to work with minimal supervision, follow and carry out instructions
You possess proven communication skills to respond to general information requests from internal and external clients
You are able to work shifts, including weekends. The schedule may change due to inclement weather so you must be flexible in your availability to work around weather, and soccer scheduling.
Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects up to 50 pounds without assistance
Required to sit, stand or walk for an extended period of time or an entire shift
Required to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling
Required to move over sloping, uneven or slippery surfaces
Valid Ontario driver’s licence required
- Maintain all washroom facilities: toilets, urinals, sinks, countertops and mirrors
- Ensure garbage is emptied as required
- Refill paper towels, toilet paper, and hand soap as required
- Ensure floors are free of debris throughout the building including halls, washrooms, change rooms, and storage room
- Grass to be cut once per week depending on weather conditions
- Grass around goal posts, benches and outside of field house and electrical building to be trimmed as needed.
- Visual inspection of nets and repairs made if necessary
- Visual inspection of fields to ensure no garbage is laying about
- All fields to be lined to maintain professional appearance
- Ensure the maintenance equipment is cleaned and kept in good working order
- Keep an inventory of supplies – fuel (gasoline & diesel), toilet paper, paper towels, liquid soap, cleaning supplies and notify DSPC personnel when inventory is low
Hourly Salary Range: $15.00
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer that provides fair and equal treatment to all. If you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process please let us know in advance.
Apply by email to email@example.com by Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 4:30 pm.
Your Main Message